Friday, November 5, 2010

Murakami at Versailles


I cannot say that I am the biggest fan of contemporary art, but I can appreciate it, and I definitely think that the Japanese artist, Takashi Murakami's exhibit of different sculptures on display at The Palace of Versailles. Mr. Murakami is an internationally known artist, who's work can be recognized on a number of lines for Louis Vuitton. His cartoon/anime pieces are popping up all around the world, and getting quite the notoriety. Versailles is one of my favorite palace (yes, I have a few) and is rich with French architecture, which serves as an over-the-top contrast for Mr. Murakami's work. The exhibit is open through December, so if you find yourself in Paris and are in need of some colorful creatures filling The Hall of Mirrors, take the train to Versailles and stroll around the palace.







Select images from Luxist

No comments:

Post a Comment