Monday, November 15, 2010

Stolen Moments


While I was having brunch at RL with a friend last weekend we decided peruse the store. We just wanted to look around to see all new winter merchandise and the beautiful displays which are designed impeccably as always. However, my favorite part of the five-floor shop is the books they have dispersed around the store encompassing every imaginable genre, and of course one caught my eye. Stolen Moments, The Photographs of Ronny Joques by Pamela Firori is a great collection of mid-century photos taken by Mr. Joques who unfortunately passed away in 2008. He shot for Harper's Bazaar, Town & Country, and Holiday magazines, along with countless celebrities and film starts of his time.

I swear that I am the only person who can walk away from brunch, with a new book. I have a huge collection of books, but I cannot seem to buy enough! And this book is the perfect addition to my collection photography books, because I don't have the mid-century genres covered.







No comments:

Post a Comment