Thursday, October 21, 2010

92nd Street Carriage House

This renovated carriage house on East 92nd Street in Manhattan has New York sophistication with a modern twist. The 25-foot wide carriage house has had a gut renovation, which lasted two years, but has the end result of a very modern urban dwelling with the look of a sophisticated boutique hotel.

The multiply-floor house has a number of rooms for gathering, but my favorite by far is the double-height library, with the floating bookshelves, and encased wood desk. I also really enjoy the dining room, with the circle table. In my opinion, it is hard to find circular tables in formal dining rooms, but I think they look luxe. Another thing I like about the whole house is the simple, yet worm color of the wood paneling that surrounds the fireplace.

As much as I like townhouses in New York City, I am still drawn to apartment or coops. I like the idea of a doorman, and the shared hallways, it's just so very New York.








No comments:

Post a Comment