Monday, October 4, 2010

Gimme More

Chicago is a city known for its food and dining, and now Chicago is becoming a foreground for gourmet cupcakes. The city is littered with different bakeries, specializing in custom cupcakes. My favorite is More. The name says it all, I want just more. Located in the heart of the Gold Coast on Delaware Street, More offers one of a kind cupcakes for the dessert enthusiast. But what I like most about More is their store. Its minimal and meticulously designed interior, by David Woodhouse Architects, provides a certain amount of lush and chicness to the already decadent desserts.

The cupcakes are displayed on stainless steel supports, behind a half-inch sheet of glass. The entire store is paneled in sheets of bamboo plywood, giving the store a rich yellow hue. And the polished concrete floors with multiple imperfections grounds the tiny shop, creating a sense of comfortability. But I never forgot why I go to the store, for cupcakes! My top favorites (yes, I have a few) are White Velvet, Red Velvet, and Salted Carmel. As you might infer, I am not a big chocolate fan, but More does offer many chocolate cupcakes, for the ultimate chocolate-l0ver. Check it, and you'll be sure to go back for More.




No comments:

Post a Comment