Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Ellen Barkin, The Great

After watching Twelve for the second time, I forgot how much I love Ellen Barkin. The New Yorker chooses her parts well, and she fits them to a tee. Some of her movies includes, Oceans 13, Drop Dead Gorgeous, and Twelve. But her role in the independent movie Twelve is one of my favorite of her characters. A part of me hopes she wasn't really acting, because the role seemed to be a logical fit for her, a wealthy and (perhaps) single mother, who actually cares for her daughter and pushes her to succeed, but may seem otherwise. Her role wasn't very big, and didn't contribute too much to the plot, she still stole the movie, and left me asking for more of her.

If you haven't seen Ms. Barkin in a movie, you must do it immediately. And if you haven't read about her personal life, that is a must-do as well. Her short marriage to billionaire Ron Perlman is a bit of tabloid-fodder, but interesting none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment