Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My New Favorite Room


One of the biggest trends I've seen lately is painting walls and ceilings with a lacquer finish, creating a shinny and reflective surface. It's a really perfect way of brightening up the room, because you can make the sunlight reflect off it. One of the biggest events of the year in interior design in New York City is happening now, it's the Kips Bay Decorator Show House. The event happens every year, where a group of designers are chosen to design different sections of one house, and then open it to the public.

My absolute favorite room of the whole house is designed by Aman & Carson Inc., because of it's unique function as well as the luxe finishes in the room. The room is called the art collection room. It is suppose to house all of the collections of the owner of the home, and offer seating while viewing the artful collections. One of my favorite aspects of the room are the leather, tufted armless daybeds that flank the fireplace; the leather has a sheen to it which adds interest to the room while grounding the colors in the room because the walls and floors have very light hues. Because I haven't been the house myself, I don't exactly know the layout of the room, but I suspect there are a lot of nooks and crannies in the room, making for cozy spaces. I can't wait to use a high-gloss paint in a room, because I think it makes it look so chic.





Images by Habitually Chic

No comments:

Post a Comment