Monday, October 4, 2010

Customer Service Isn't Dead


Just within the past few weeks, I finally received a package that I have been waiting for what seems like a month. It was a wallet that I had to order over the phone because there is no store in Chicago that sells it. And when it came, I couldn't have been more happy. The wallet itself came in a wrapped box, complete with bow and it was in the store's shopping bag with a handwritten note from the lovely saleswoman who helped me through the whole process. I really feel that money was well-spent on this. This goes to show that customer service is not dead, rather ever-so alive and kicking.
Another case where customer service took the front seat was in an interview that I also had recently. I met with the president of human resources for a very large retail store and the entire interview was based around my work experience with an emphasis on customer service. I couldn't believe how interested the man interviewing me was about my abilities to work with customers. For a company to hire sales associates right off the bat who have promise of superior customer service is something that makes the retail business great and very reliable.
And in case you were wondering, I got the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment